Plate heat exchanger vessel TRANTER as part of MAERSK carrier
The ship MADRID MAERSK left the slipway of the DAEWOO SHIPBUILDING shipyard to transport containers, which can rightfully be considered one of the largest in the world. The vessel was completed in early April 2017 by order of the Danish carrier MAERSK LINE under a contract for the manufacture of 11 such vessels.
Characteristics of the vessel:
- displacement of about 195,000 tons;
- cargo capacity of containers is about 20 600;
- length of the vessel 399 m;
- width of the vessel 58.6 m
The shipbuilding company Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering uses TRANTER plate heat exchangers in its engineering systems. All heat exchange surfaces and pipes are made of titanium, ensuring almost complete absence of corrosion in contact with seawater.
Systems where TRANTER heat exchangers are used:
- main lubricating oil cooler;
- cooling the jacket of the main engine;
- cooling of oil coolers;
- generator cooling;
- application in a steam turbine circuit;
OPEKS ENERGOSYSTEMY officially represents TRANTER equipment and uses components in its heat exchangers.